This conference call was actually completed on August 5th, as I have been behind on posting relevant notes from that presentation. The highlights primarily involved CTP-656, which is known as d-Ivacaftor, or Vertex Pharmaceuticals commercial drug known as Kalydeco, for Cystic Fibrosis. Some bullet points below for reference.
- The first part of the phase 1 that led to the selected compound CTP-656, could be presented as interim data at any time, or the company may elect to wait until the second part of the phase 1 clinical trial is complete, which includes single and multiple ascending doses against placebo Kalydeco, to be completed around years end 2015.
- The company intends to progress CTP-656 for CF patients that have the G551D mutation first as mono therapy, than later consider any combo therapy.
- The company believes once daily dose for CF patients with CTP-656 is a potential.
- Open discussions with companies working in the CF area have been an ongoing process, but only completed details will be released to the public.
- The cash balance of $151 million, is believed to be sufficient to fund operations into 2018.
Bottom Line: This was a good conference call, with meaningful analyst questions following the presentation. The company reserves the right to present interim data of CTP-656 as sees appropriate, or hold the data until the phase 1 clinical trial has been completed, which includes single and multiple ascending doses against Kalydeco, as placebo in the control arm. The company is scheduled to appear at the UK Cystic Fibrosis Conference on September 22nd, with deuterated Ivacaftor as the subject of presentation. Thank you for reading.